This ad is expired.
Administrative Specialist - Human Resources
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
September 11, 2023
Associate VP of Human Resources
Madison college is hiring a full time Administrative Specialist to support the administrative functions of the human resources team. This position provides a variety of support tasks such as but not limited to: front desk support, provision of initial support to employees and visitors, preparing documents and reports, and supporting projects. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, this position will receive day-to-day direction from the Lead Human Resources Business Partner.
Core office hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm, M-F. Some flexibility with work hours to be determined with the supervisor. The position supports remote work on Fridays and the occasional ad hoc need, per the current College Remote Work policy.
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College-it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
This position will be open until filled, with a first consideration date of September 25, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Madison College offers a robust benefits package including vacation, holidays, health/vision/dental/life insurance options and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
Required documents (2)
- Cover Letter
*Failure to include this document by the first consideration date will RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the HR Department and Administration Wing by staffing the front desk. This includes answering the HR phone line/call center as well as monitoring and responding to routine department emails and assisting walk-ins.
- Performs varied administrative support and duties, including but not limited to: preparing and maintaining documents and correspondence, record-keeping, support of meetings and projects, and supporting the work of the employee relations and full HR team.
- Maintenance of online manuals and record-keeping systems including the employee handbook, manager toolkit, SharePoint pages, and OnBase.
- Supports process improvements and maintaining procedures, and assist in reviewing, updating, and improving processes and procedures.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision, and values. Comply with college policies, directives, and work rules. Engages positively with colleagues, handles conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates, and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides, and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and supports final decisions that are made.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications working with populations of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office practices and procedures. Including the ability to use software, including standard Microsoft products and web page applications.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, maintain timelines, anticipate potential obstacles. and next steps.
- Ability to initiate work, work independently or with limited supervision, and make decisions with minimum direction.
- Ability to summarize information, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, make appropriate procedural recommendations, and initiate action accordingly.
- Excellent customer service skills.
1.Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position. --Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position.
2. One year (2000 hours) experience.
Madison College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
If you are experiencing application issues, please contact us at the HR email HR@madisoncollege.edu or HR hotline (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college's nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Truax-Campus-Madison/Administrative-Specialist---Human-Resources_R0004764-1
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around - once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency